Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Ogres are like onions..."

I had a few spare moments this morning so I thought I would shock you all with a blog entry! *GASP*

First on my mind is Shrek The Musical. Only because Jubilee is bouncing off the walls reminding me every 3 seconds that TODAY is the day. She woke up at 6am making sure I knew, "THERE ARE ZEEEEEEEERO SLEEPS LEFT!!" We are piling in the car with Makayla, Dylan, and my mom and heading to the the 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle to make a day of it. We'll hit the Market, eat some homemade donuts, grab lunch at EYE-vars, and catch the show. Im very excited, however, not as excited as Jubilee. She is right now quoting Shrek, "That'll do Don-kay, that'll do."

So, whats the news since I last blogged? Well, Im not sure how many of you actually do not know this yet, but Troy and I are separating. Im sure most of you who know us well do not find this a surprise. However, its still difficult when it comes to Jubilee. We have not told her as of now, but that is coming in the next couple weeks as Troy prepares a place for himself and Jubilee for when she visits. Please pray for her - we are doing everything we can to make this as stress-free for her as we possibly can. She is a smart little girl, and processes things in that mind of hers very well. I know I wont be able to get away with a simple explanation to her that might satisfy the typical 4 year old.

The goal for Troy and I is to make a happy life for her despite not having both of her parents in the same household. Even though our efforts failed in providing a happy household for her together, we are optimistic that we can be better parents, and good friends separately. Obviously there are many details Im not going to publish here for public consumption. But Im a very open person and will answer any questions you may have...just drop me a line!

Other stuff...
*Work is great. Ive been with Westport for over a year now and Im settled in working for a big company. The people I work with are GREAT. Its the best part of my job to be able to interact with such a diverse group of individuals every day. About 240 of our 1200 employees fall under my HR responsibility realm. I deal with a huge range of HR, (and sometimes not) related issues every day.

*Weight: My weight is stable. Im no longer losing, and Im maintaining just where I should be. I fluctuate between 155 and 165. My goal was to be a size 14 and Im a size 11-13. Im very happy. I still dont get as much protein as I should have everyday, but vitamins are where they should be. My hair as grown back...boobies did not.

*Jubilee started a new pre-school. She loves it. In fact her new teacher said she had no problem with the transition and that Jubilee could probably teach the class in her absence. HA! I will post some pictures of our trip to Shrek later on.

Overall I feel like Im rediscovering who I am. Who I will be outside of a marriage that dictated I change who I am at my core. Im looking forward to finding her again. I just need to peel away those layers... I guess Ogres arent the only ones that are like onions.


1 comment:

eaf said...

I don't think I need to say anything. I'm here for you 100%... call me any time. And I don't think it will take you long to find her at all. Onions peel very easily. smooooooooooooooooch.