Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ok, so I was wrong...

I really did think I was Superwoman and I would be all recovered and healthy by now. I am still in considerable pain, so I called my surgeon's office yesterday. "Um..Im still in pain, is this right? Is there something wrong?" She said, "Well *pause for a slight chuckle*, I will pass your question onto your doctor, but honey you had MAJOR surgery. You are going to hurt for a couple weeks at least. I had the same surgery as you and it took me a while to get back up on my feet." A WHILE!? I mean I know I had surgery, but even having an emergency c-section didnt set me this far back. *sigh* Its not like I want to go out and operate heavy machinery or anything, but just being able to get up and walk to the potty myself would be nice.

Speaking of all that help I need, I should take a quick second and thank everyone for coming over and helping me so much. Even my dad, who has a crazy work schedule has come over a few times and spent the night while Troy was working so Juju and I wouldnt be alone. My mom, my sister, and my mother in law have spent great amounts of time helping my crippled booty while I heal. Everything from feeding Troy and Juju to cleaning my house, to helping me walk around, to taking and entertaining a two year old who misses her mommy horribly. I appreciate it all. Thanks Fam!


The newest snafu in my recovery is I believe I pulled the muscle in my chest wall. It REALLLLLY hurts too. I think I did that by trying to do too much on my own. *sheepish look*

All my staples are out, including the stray one they forgot and I had to have my PCP do it. It took about 3 seconds and the total time in the office was about 7 minutes, including waiting. I paid an office call for that.....bastards!


Ive started my vitamins and protein drinks, (stop nagging me Mom Botts!) and it has been difficult. If you could imagine your stomach being the size of about 1oz and having to take vitamins plus 4 protein drinks a day... PLUS 64 ozs of water. How do you fit it all in!? There isnt enough time in the day! But eventually, Im told it will happen. In the meantime Im getting down what I can, walking the length of my house until the snow and ice melts and sucking down pain meds like mad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are still in so much pain. It will be worth it in the end! Let people take care of you for a little bit. I hope you feel better soon. Give Juju a hug for me.