Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Processing the Grief

You know what sucks about this? I mean, besides my family hurting, besides the boys not understanding that their grandma isnt coming back, besides making ridiculous and horrendous plans for a loved ones body, ....you know what really sucks? My brain doesnt seem to get that my Aunt Donna is gone. My heart knows it. I can tell because it still hurts. But my brain will wander off into its own little world. It will think about all of the upcoming plans I made with Aunt Donna as if they are still on. It will make mental lists of the things I need to do and then think, "Hmm...I bet Aunt Donna will want to come with me." It will think of stupid funny things and then try to remind me to tell my Aunt Donna about it later. Each time this happens I have to remind my brain I can no longer do those things. ....and it really REALLY is getting quite frustrating.

For anyone who is interested and hasnt heard yet, the memorial service for my Aunt Donna is February 24th at 11am, at Lighthouse Christian Center.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) I wish you could feel that big hug! Its never easy losing someone so close. Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

You feel this way because it doesn't feel right. But it is right because DEEP inside your brain, you know that Aunt Donna is so very happy. Aunt Donna doesn't hurt anymore. Aunt Donna knows that her babies and grandbabies are ok and are being taken care of. And she is with God.
Soon the deep part of your brain will let the rest of you know this and you will be ok.
And always remember, Aunt Donna IS with you! Whereever you go, whatever you do, she is by your side, giggling and holding your hand...

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

your mom is a smart woman. brains are deep, that's how we're made, it works or it wouldn't be
Lots of love from PAD

Anonymous said...

You're mom is a wise woman. You're Aunt Donna is every where with you and always will be. If there is anything you need hon, please let me know.


Jassie