Friday, March 02, 2007

Moving On - Time to Party

Ive kind of been avoiding my blog since my mind has been almost completely consumed with Aunt Donna's passing. As sad as I am and as much as I miss her, I know her as well as I know myself. She would want me to happy for where she is right now, and live my life with joy. ....so Im going to try and do that.

This weekend is the BIG retirement party for my Mom. She has worked for 20 years at the Peninsula Daily News and now feels its time to let go of that stress and chill out! YAY! My sister, my cousin Janet, and I along with some of Mom's co-workers are throwing her a big retirement party. Complete with a band and a stripper! (HAHAHA.... just kidding Mom Botts! ....kidding about ONE of them anyway.) Im really looking forward to seeing family, having fun and honoring my Mama! Even Jack is coming which I think made Mom Botts pee with excitement.

Holly and I are spending some of today and all of tomorrow in prep for the party. We're hitting Costco tonight to clean the place out of food, napkins and utensils. In addition to the food we're buying, we're also each cooking something. Holly is making something we lovingly call Poo-Poo Rockets. Dont know what that is? Come to the party and find out!

4 comments:

eaf said...

Wish I could be there... if nothing else just to discover Poo Poo Rockets!

Have fun! Congrats, Mom Botts!

Anonymous said...

yay parrrrrrtaaaaay

Anonymous said...

Poo Poo Rockets in Ghettosville... it does NOT get any better than that! :-) See you there!

Anonymous said...

Wow 20 years... I can't imagine being that long at a job! Congrats Mom Botts!


Have fun planing the party and enjoy your family :) Give Ju a hug for me!