Monday, June 19, 2006

My Pharmacy, My Icky Eye, and My I Miss Yous

Recently while camping with my parents, my mom made fun of my little pill-minder. If you dont know what one is, it looks like this. I got it because over the past year or so, the amount of medication I take regularly has gone from zero to ....lots.

Is this what happens when you start to get old? You start to organize your personal pharmacy? I used to never take pills....for anything. Now I have to have a pill organizer otherwise it takes me 15 minutes just to get all the childproof caps off and back on everytime I take meds. Hmm..Im making this sound like Im a pill popper who takes oodles of pills to function. ...no no. Just birth control and metformin (several times a day) for PCOS, something for anxiety, and then Prednisone for my icky eye. ....yes, I decided to take the Pred.

I did some more research on that, and the reason I decided to go ahead with it is I was only taking it for 3 weeks. Many of the complications that may come with taking Prednisone only happen when taking it long term. I can testify tho that it makes you SUPER hungry. Plus, when you eat, you never feel full. JUST what I need! UGH! On the positive side, my eye looks MUCH better. Im in the process of tapering back down off the Pred, so we'll see what my eye does when Im done with that. If the ickyness comes back, I have to go see a doctor who specializes in the orbit of the eye.

Because I hate ending any blog entry without talking about Miss Jubilation Lee, I will tell you about her latest phrase: I miss you. Being a mom of a two year old, I get frustrated..or tired, or want to pluck myself bald if I hear "MOMMYMOMMYMOMMY" one more time, (or all three). But let me tell you...all it takes is Jubilee looking at me with those big blue eyes and for her to say,, "Mommy??" "Yes Juju?" "....I miss you!" I love when she says it appropriately...like when she's been at Grandma's all day. But I also love it when she runs in from just the next room to say it too. Totally makes my day.




No comments: