Thursday, June 01, 2006

Odds and Ends

Im going to give you guys just some odds and ends of whats been going on, whats been going on my head, (that section with be SHORT!), and whats coming up!

Diversified Resource Center

DRC is where I used to work before choosing to be a stay-at-home mommy. Before I left there, things were changing big time. We had just gotten a new Executive Director and he was making some waves in the water of the community. DRC was, at the time, the largest and longest-standing provider of services to people with disabilities on the Olympic Peninsula. Its something the staff, board, and parents of our customers had invested much pride. Right before I left, the Exec was making some changes and trying to explain to the staff what they were. Most of us came away from long pointless meetings wondering what the heck we were supposed to understand. It was confusing and muddled. When asked if he could clarify, the explanation only got worse.

A few days ago there was an article in the paper all about the NEW Diversified Resource Center. There is not one department within DRC now that serves people with disabilities directly. Programs and contracts that were painstakingly researched and babied thru to perfection were no longer. They are now strangely close to being a economic development council. There is nothing recognizable about the former DRC besides the name and the 401 (c) 3 status. They are even located in a different county. Even the staff is different. From what I understand, he chased off all the former staff and hired his friends. Sad really...Makes me wonder what happened to all of our clients and their jobs.

Upcoming Camping Trip
We are leaving in a few days to spend some quiet time in Eastern Washington camping and fishing. I am looking forward to fishing with my Dad. I love hanging out with Dad.....especially when I can out-fish him. Im also looking forward to Jubilee riding in the boat. She is really into boats and airplanes right now. If anything resembling either is remotely in her sight, we hear, "AIRRRRRPLANE! AIRRRRRRPLANE!" or "BOOOAT! BIIIIIIIIIIIIG BOAT!"

The lake we camp on is located in a huge canyon. Every year the air force does some sort of drill thru it. Huge planes come right into the canyon and look like they are going to land right on top of your campsite. Jubilee is going to FREAK! She will LOVE it! Cant wait to see her face!

I am not, however, looking forward to a 5 or 6, (or more), hour car ride with a two year old. Jubilee is always really good in the car. But when you live in Ghettosville, everything is 10 minutes away. On the few occasions we've taken her to Seattle, most of the trip is during her nap time so it was a bit easier as she slept. I have a list a mile long of the things Im taking to keep her occupied... we'll see how it goes!

Happy Birthday Miss M!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Marilyn Monroe would have been 80 years old today. I have a fascination with Marilyn and have since I was old enough to know she existed. Ive seen all her movies - even the one she was unable to finish due to her death. Over the years I have collected and gotten rid of different Marilyn paraphernalia. I even had a copy of her autopsy report. To me Marilyn was the original. No one, like Madonna, Anna Nicole, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani would be, (or look like), who they are today without Marilyn paving that road. The original blonde bombshell! Plus she did it with much more class than the rest did.

BTW, she didnt commit suicide - she was murdered.... but I wont go further to spare you my rant.

Speaking of Anna Nicole Smith

Holy monkey...someone let this girl BREED?! WTH!?!?!?

And I leave you with....

A Jubilee quote... As she observed a line of school buses driving down the road, "Dee's (Dylan's) bus! *another one passes and she points...* "Juju's Bus!!" *another one passes and she points excitedly*, "Mommy's bus!" * a short school bus with darkened windows passes...* "Daddy's bus!"

She is so smart!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your camping trip! I LMAO'ed at the "Daddy's bus" comment HAHA...