Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Im a Law-Breaker!

I admit it, I am a rebellious heathen with no regard for the law. I got a no-seatbelt ticket.

Ok, Im being dramatic about being a heathen. But I seriously cannot remember to put on my seatbelt. I have, on more than a few occasions, been sneaking my belt on as the sight of a state patrol car inches next to me at the stop light. Usually Im sly enough to get away with it. Not last Wednesday however. He spotted me at just the right time. Driving the whole 5 mins it takes me to get from my moms house to my house. He stopped me and told me not only was I in violation of no seatbelt, but he could also give me a ticket for not having Jubilee's carset installed properly. Ok, I will fully admit I broke the law about my seatbelt...but no way was Juju's seat installed wrong. I am DILIGENT about her seat. He went around the van and opened the door to inspect it. Upon inspection he admitted he was a bit confused by that brand of carseat and that I should run right home and look at the directions. (Dammit, if Britney Spears doesnt get a ticket, then I sure as hell better not!) So, I did, and YES my carseat was installed correctly - maybe a bit too much give on both sides - but Troy tightened it and its FINE! Anyway, yes, I got a no-seatbelt ticket.....and YES Im still forgetting to put it on, but Im working on it!!

The funniest thing about this is, I have a good friend named Jack, and he just got a no-seatbelt ticket too. If one of us has something, the other has to have it too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, every time you get Juju into the car the first thing you do is buckle her in... why not you?!?! crazy woman.... :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know Amanda, but YES you tell her!!!

I, as her Mom nag her to insanity and it doesn't help. Maybe YOU can nag her in to her seatbelt...

Staci said...

Just for the record, I have a anti-mom nagging filter in my head. I usually dont pay attention to any of it.