Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day

Ode to My Mom

Youre kinda anal, and you think Im a fruit
Im sorta scatterbrained and you like to toot.

I like to rock and never take it slow,
You like it mellow and love Barry Manilow.

Vodka and beer is what you like to drink,
Diet Mountain Dew is yummy I think.

You are a backseat driver, "OMG TURN LEFT!!!"
Its not a wonder Dad is so deaf.

We're really different, and thats ok,
The best of both worlds, we're good that way.

I learned so much from you. You thought your advice was all for naught.
I absorbed more than you know, things you didnt know were being taught.

You taught me lots of things, but not just right from wrong,
Like how to be a good mommy, and how to be strong.

That list grows everyday, in fact its getting quite long.
I appreciate you more now, now that Im a mom.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Staci, that was the best, funniest, and I loved it! Thanks so much, what a huge compliment.

I am so proud of you as a person, but more as a Mom. You have so much more patience and the ablilty to love everything that Juju does and says. I see you in her and that is what makes her so special.

I Love You, Mom