Monday, May 08, 2006

Smells from Unknown Origins

Im really weird about smells. I think I have a very sensitive smeller. I think I got it from my mom, who can hardly stand anyone to wear perfume around her. She can also tell if you are pooping from 1.5 miles away. (But only if you are her kids or her dog.) But I digress...

When I was pregnant I swear my nose got more sensitive to smells. I could tell if someone was smoking at the car next to me at the stop light without looking. I drove Troy insane, (albeit a VERY short trip), with my bi-hourly inquisitions, "Do you smell THAT?!" Its not as bad as that now Im not pregnant, but pretty close. Today a pair of Jubilee's new jeans were in the hamper in her room getting ready to go to the washer. I picked them up and realized they smelled funny...not bad, kind of good actually. And its not the new clothes smell either - it was faint and like lotion or perfume. Now these pants are new and never been worn. In fact, they went from store, to the bag, to Juju's room at the top of the laundry bin that holds only her clothes. Upon further inspecting the jeans I realized there were wet spots on them...and those wet spots smelled like that lotion smell. For the life of me, I can NOT figure out how those pants got wet or what the smell is on them. Its a smell of unknown origin. THOSE kind of smells are the smells I hate the most. WHY! WHY! WHY! does it smell that way??? It haunts me.

If you get the urge to read blogs about things other than my smells,...look at my new links... There are my favorite blogs there from people near and dear to me!

2 comments:

eaf said...

YAY! I'm one of your favorites!

I finished my stitching project and I want to give it to JuJu for her birthday. I'll try to send it this week.

I won't be framing it for several reasons (might break in mail, expensive, don't know what kind of frame would work best with her room, etc.). I hope that's okay. You just need to iron it under a damp towel (direct ironing would melt the beads) and then have it framed. :-)

Staci said...

YAY....Im so excited that Juju will have something I can point to and say its from you guys! Thank youuuuuu! Now I feel silly I didnt have my poop in a group well enough to do something for Athena's second birthday. Maybe she'll be getting something cool from Washington for her 2 and a half birthday! lol