Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Various Bits and Pieces

Not a lot going on the past couple days. Just getting some energy back from not feeling so well, and cleaning up the house and yard for the family BBQ we're having on Sunday for Jubilee's 2nd birthday. Its not really a birthday party. She's only 2 and at this point its more for us than her, but I thought it would be fun to get the fam together.

Jubilee has been waking up in the middle of the night again lately. Not sure if its nightmares or just happenstance, but Ive definitely needed to adjust. She wakes up saying, "MommyMommyMommyMommy!" I stumble into her room to comfort her and nothing from my Mommy Bag O' Tricks is working. She wants in Mommy's bed and Im too tired to fight that battle, so I bring her to my bed. Usually she is very satisfied once in my bed. She will never sleep there...but very content to snuggle and talk for a while until she is ready to go back to her bed. Not last night tho. Last night she cried - with tears! I sang and played with her fingers in just the way she likes but nothing worked. She had a very wet diaper so I changed it and she asked for Daddy. I took her to Troy, but he was out like the dead - none of this woke him. Jubilee then wanted to watch TV - and thats where I drew the line. I needed some sleep. I opened the curtains and showed Jubilee outside. I said, "Look its dark outside. The birdies are sleeping, the bugs are sleeping and even the airplanes are sleeping. Its time for Juju to sleep too!" She started to cry again but said, "Ooooooookaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!" She walked back to her bedroom and pointed to her crib and said, "lay dowwwwnnnn." All while crying her eyes out. I put her back in her crib and she had to have baby #1, baby #2, pink carebear, and purple carebear. Then she was ready to go back to sleep. And so was I!

The only place we went yesterday was to get flowers. I have this old radio flyer wagon that was left from the previous owners. Its really beat up with peeling paint and chipped wood. Im going to turn it into a planter. Mom Botts helped me pick out some cool looking flowers since I have nothing even resembling a green thumb. The only think I can grow really well is mold.

Looks like its going to be nice outside here again today. Im going to blow up Jubilee's kiddie pool I think! She loves playing in water. Gotta take advantage of those sunny days when we have them here in Ghettosville!


No comments: