Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Mothers Day Gift

Im still pretty new at this Mothers Day thing. Obviously not as having a mom, but being one. My husband isnt all that great at remembering these important days so other than the grand feast Jason and Holly treated us to at Downriggers, (which was MORE than enough, thank you!!!), I didnt receive, and wasnt expecting any sort of a gift. Having Jubilee, and her surviving what she did is the perfect gift in and of itself.

This afternoon as I was feeling a little under the weather, Jubilee came running in to where I was snuggled up in my blanket catching up on my Survivor episodes. She wanted to play and the last thing I wanted to do was sing yet another rendition of Patty Cake. So I pulled her up onto my lap and she gave me a big hug and kiss. She then eyeballed my bottle of lotion sitting on the side table. I try not to let her play with those things since finding one of her baby dolls covered in Origins Ginger Lotion. But I gave in because I was feeling icky and it was something to keep her occupied.

She crawled down off my lap and for the next 15 minutes gave me the best darn pretend moisturizing foot rub EVER! First she took off my socks, but not before telling me that one was orange and one was green. (hey...it was laundry day). Then she pretended to pour the "shotion" on each of my feet and rubbed it in VERY nicely. She counted my toes, telling me several times in a row that they were blue, (blue toenail polish), and also made sure I knew she thought they were "preeeeeeeeetty!" After my foot rub she crawled back into my lap and said, "Love you Mommy". *melts so bad*

I forgot all about Survivor and feeling icky. Being a Mommy rocks.

3 comments:

Pangadoo said...

OHHH that is so cute. I can't believe you let her touch your feet!

Staci said...

HEY! My feet are cute and well cared for! Its not like I let her touch Troy's where they're fizzy between the toes. ....or YOURS. Dylan has told stories about the world record holding length of your toe nails, snags you leave in your sheets and the scars on Jason's legs. HAHA

Anonymous said...

What a bright baby she is. She knew you weren't feeling good and she sensed it.

You and her are lucky to have each other!