Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Oh What a Weekend: chapter two


After The Pickle Eating we got down to some serious camping business. This included eating and especially drinking. I didnt drink much since I had Juju, but I did enjoy some concoctions curtesy of Janet's and Holly's imaginations. My favorite was something we now call The Smartie. I think that one was vodka, grape juice and diet Squirt. Tasted like a Smartie!

Kim Cleavland and her husband Carl camped with us this time. I hadnt seen Kim in a long time and she looked gorgeous. She is one helluva cook too. She and Carl brought all their "kids" including Calvin. Calvin is a HUGE rottweiler...I bet he easily weighs 150lbs but he acts as docile as a sedated bear ready to settle in for hibernation. His head is as big as Jubilee...all of Jubilee! I think Janet has a pic of him she is sending me.

While we were drinking Smarties and sitting around the campfire, we started discussing tattoos. Janet had given everyone henna tattoos earlier in the day and this had inspired talk of Mom Botts and Janet getting real tattoos. We decided one day the four of us; Holly, Janet, Mom Botts and myself were all going to get a tattoo together. We discussed at length....while getting tipsy... what our tattoos would look like. We settled on a tasteful, pretty campfire with weenie roasting sticks and hot dogs hovering above it. Holly's would say, "Big Weenie", mine "All Beef", Janets, "Kosher", and Mom's "Lil' Smokie". *blinks* This has to be the reason tattoo artists refuse to give ink to drunk people.


As we were sitting around the campfire, lots of talk and laughter ensued. I even unintentionally did my sprinkler laugh that I have taken great time and skill to avoid. What spurred this fit of laughter was my Dad drinking his drink which contained a Cheeto puff Makayla and I snuck into his glass. We watched from the corner of our eyes for a good 20 mins while he sipped on his Loudmouth with a ever soggy Cheeto in it. At one point he even was swirling his glass around looking at the ice inside. Still he did not notice the Cheeto. At last he finished his drink...flinging the last drops of it into the fire with flare....the Cheeto along with it. How could you drink a whole coke and whisky with a Cheeto puff in it and not notice!?!? The only thing we could think of is he liked the taste. What would you call this drink: 2 parts Coke, 1 part whisky, 1 part Cheeto puff? (Make sure to leave your answer in the comment section.)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dad sipping on his Loudmouth and Cheeto.





No comments: