Thursday, September 07, 2006

"Whoa, The Girl I Love, She's Got Long Wavy Back Hair"

Now Im going to have that song in my head all day.... Meh, thats ok. There are worst to have stuck in your head than Led Zeppelin. For example, yesterday it was the Go, Diego Go theme song. Dont you hate it when you have a song stuck in your head and you dont know all the words? This is what I was singing all day yesterday: "Go Diego Go...Go Diego Go! .... something something in spanish.... Go Diego Go!" After that, for a brief couple hours it was the Silly Songs with Larry favorite, "Barbara MANATEEEE! How I long for THEEEEEEEE......." *sigh* All of a sudden I really feel like I need to listen to some Disturbed. HAHA!

I have totally gotten off subject of what this post was supposed to be about and thats MY HAIR! I understand that for some of you this post can be filed under, "As if I cared..." But, like every girl needs to, Ive got to talk about my hair for a minute.

Its really grown.....long. The back, in the longest layer, is down almost touching the tattoo on my lower back. I wear it up a lot. Chasing a two year old makes that a necessity unless I want to use peanut butter and marker for a hair product. For those of you that have known me forever, know that Ive always colored my hair. At one time or another my hair has been every color in the rainbow. Sometimes those colors were on my head all at once! But for the past couple years Ive been dying it jet black. After having Jubilee it just became easy and cheap and, well, lets face it....I can rock the black hair. Naturally, my hair is a mousy ash brown. Not the brown that is rich and full of deep highlights....its a brown that makes you think of dog poo thats been dried in the hot sun of the Arizona desert. Was that too graphic? Well....you get the idea.

Lately I had been missing the fun of having different colors in my hair and decided it was time for a change. Knowing that lightening up box-dyed black hair was going to be a challenge, I researched for a good colorist in my area and came up with a quirky perky girl named Kristen. I brought pictures of the red/violet and blonde streaks that I wanted. Kristen did a GREAT job....however it is difficult lifting black dye off of longgggggg hair. So it didnt come out exactly how I pictured it.... but she still did a great job.

I might go back for the blond streaks since some of my hair is lightened up enough to get them actually blond instead of that brassy orange that bleaching dark hair always brings. My mom didnt hate it as much as she thought she would...so that tells me I need a little more done to it. hehe

That picture was taken a few weeks ago the day I got the color done. Today its still as bright as that. Like I said, she did a good job. Although I only wash my hair once a week....maybe once every 8 or 10 days....and that helps a lot with keeping color. If I wash it any more than that, its WAY too clean and I cant do a thing with it. Besides, considering my shower drain already looks like a black and pink Chewbacca owned the tub, I may be bald if I wash it any more than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You totally rock black hair! You hair looks awesome! I dont dye mine because I do love my brown (not dog poop brown) hair its healthy for the most part (even though, to steal your Chewbacca refrence) its bad how much its been falling out since I had Alexander... John says I should get it checked... oh well good thing I had thick hair to start off with!

Anonymous said...

Love that hair! Truly gorgeous!