Monday, October 23, 2006

Whats Happenin'?

Well, the short answer to that question is, not much. We're just living life and the days seem busy even thought there is not much to speak of. Just the daily grind of being the very entertained mom of Jubilee and what not!

Saturday we went to the Harvest Carnival. Its a fundraiser for Jubilee's Pre-3 school. We made a family trip of it taking Holly, Dylan and my Dad. Mom Botts was in Seattle with Aunt Jan. The five of us piled into the Grocery Getter and went to the local community gym where the parents of the Co-op transformed it into a Halloween/Harvest fun fair.

It was fun seeing all the kids in costume and even some of the parents in costume. It was also quite interesting to see all the kids, their parents, and how Juju interacted with them. Jubilee doesnt get much socialization with kids her own age beyond her one day a week at school. Once she hits 3, that will change since there are lots of activities for 3 years and up at our church, but until then, we're limited. And its something we need to work on, really! How do I know this? Well, I got my first clue upon entering the "play area" at the carnival and seeing Jubilee announce with moxie that every toy was, "MINE!!" When I explained to her that she had to be polite and say please, she would run up to a toy and say, "Kids! Please my turn? Kids! Wait! My turn please!" The other startling clue was when she went up to a boy Winnie the Pooh and pushed him because.... well, Im not really sure what infraction he committed - besides dressing up as Winnie the Pooh. But she wasnt happy. Jubilee was made to apologize to Pooh. Other than those mishaps in the play area, Jubilee had a good time. She ate pizza and candy, got her face painted and even had a picture key chain made with her cousin Dylan.

Among the adult activities was a silent auction and raffle. Nothing in the auction caught my eye, but the raffle had two packages with really good photographers so I entered both of those. Holly bought a bunch of tickets and spead them around to the various prizes. Including, and Im not sure why she did this, in the bag that went with the prize that she put together, and the Peninsula Daily News donated. It was a DVD player with a basket movie kit. It had soda, popcorn, and tons of candy. In fact, she bought all the candy and soda herself to go with the PDN DVD player. As she dropped her ticket in the bag she said, "Watch...the one thing I win will be the stuff I donated." Sure enough...she called me the next day to confirm her premonition. She had won the DVD and movie basket. HAHA

After the carnival we dropped Dad Botts off at his second home, The Eagles. Its a club, bar, pool table place. You have to be a member to go in and we sat in the Grocery Getter waiting for him to cross the foyer and enter the bar area. I like to do that because it seems like such a forbidden place. Im not a member so of course I want to go in. I like to look in the door as he opens it to see what sort of secrets lay inside. As my sister pointed out, we expect him to open the door and everyone to yell, "DAVE!" like they did for Norm on Cheers.

Jubilee is still doing great with using the potty. However she is no where near ready for no diapers at night time. She still has a very wet diaper in the morning. Yesterday I forgot to put a diaper on her when she took a nap and she woke up wet. The only day time accident she's had is at the store. Holly, Dylan, Juju and I went there to pick out stuff for the above mentioned movie basket. Jubilee loves balloons and I let her pick out one to take home. No sooner did we get back to the car when the balloon flew off her wrist and into the air. She stared at it for a minute and said, "Oh no!" Then the suprise turned to utter shock and sadness when she realized it wasnt coming back. She stared up at the sky and her balloon drifting away and cried the most pitiful cry. "My baaalllllooooooooooooooooooooooon!" Holly, the dutiful Auntie, took Jubilee back into the store to pick out another balloon. I was just going to let Jubilee mourn the loss of her Micky Mouse balloon, but Holly would have none of that. They went inside the store, got the balloon, and got in line to pay for it. This is where Jubilee stated she had to go potty. In these situations you can usually ask her to hold it and she will. But just then a man cut in front of Holly. The wait was more than Juju could bare, and she peed right there in line, on the floor. Holly said that instead of Juju feeling bad she had an accident, she just announced to everyone as loud as she could, "I PEED! I PEEEED!"

Thats all thats happenin'! I do want to do a special shout-out to my cousin Janet who made this AWESOME water hose art for the silent auction. She works her booty off all day and still had time to do that. Thanks Janet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a bunch of busy bees!