Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Potty Training...It has begun.

Today is the first day of potty training. As of now, 5:45pm, Jubilee has had two successful potty trips. Two out of about 18. I know it doesnt sound very successful, but when you are cleaning up pee and washing tiny little panties all day long, you are thankful for those two times.

I was pretty convinced that when it came time for Jubilee to potty train, she would pick it up in a flash like she does most things. She didnt. Although I may have started too early. Some of you may remember that we tried potty training the first time at 20 months. Jubilee had all the "readiness" signs as the books say. But that day we tried, it was a miserable failure. Failure to actually use the potty wasnt what told me it wasnt time, its that she was miserable. By 3pm, she wouldnt even go near the toilet no matter how positive and fun we made it. So today was much better even tho we've only had two sucesses. (WOOHOO! make that three! She came and told me she had to potty while I was typing this! YAY Juju!)

We are committed to not going back to diapers. Except at night, (because she is still in a crib and a sound sleeper), Im not going to expect her to stay dry at night. Im hoping that by Saturday she will be able to tell me consistently that she needs to potty before hand. Saturday we are going to Silverdale to shop for school clothes with my sister, Dylan, and Mom Botts. An hour and a half there and back, plus trekking to about 10 different stores should be interesting!

Any veteran potty trainers have any advice?? Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consistancy! And remember that she will have accidents. They get so busy playing they forget and wait too long....

she is growing up so fast, it makes me sad...

Anonymous said...

Its funny cause just one or two days after the first day of potty training is pretty much potty trained!!!! Ya