Monday, July 17, 2006

Jubilee's 2 Year Well-Baby Check-up

Its a little late, but we went to the doctor today for Jubilee's two year check up.

Height: 32.5 inches (7th percentile)
Weight: 21lbs and 8 oz (1st percentile ...or not on the charts as the nurse explained)

Before you ask, no, they were not concerned with her weight. Jubilee has always been a little bean and her growth curves are on track. If the percentiles dropped suddenly or jumped suddenly, then there would be cause for concern.

She asked about Jubilee's development and observed her as she performed certain tasks. The doctor said she had 3 year olds as patients not as advanced as Jubilee is. YAY! To some of you this may just sound like a Mommy bragging....and I am, but even more than that, I am rejoicing because of what happened at her birth and the profound disabilities the doctors told me she would have. Im still not done being amazed at what a miracle baby I have!

Jubilee did have to get one shot for chicken pox. She took it like a trooper and even got to go get some ice cream with Meema, (my mom) afterwards.






3 comments:

eaf said...

OMG she is so TINY! I'm so glad she is doing well. She really is amazing. Although I do know a certain two-year-old who gives her a run for her money. ;-)

Staci said...

How could Athena NOT be amazing with having THE Super Mom and all!

BTW, how tall is she now? How much does she weigh? Since I cant stand them side by side, (yet!), I would love to compare the numbers.

Chris said...

On May 1st, she was:
Weight: 29 lbs. (76%)
Length: 36.25 in. (97%)
Head: 19 in. (75%)

I know for a fact that she's at least 32-33 lbs. now and probably at least an inch taller.