Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Warning: Mommy Brag Ahead

I know Juju is special... and even if in reality she wasnt, I would still think so because Im the Mommy. But she really is.

In the past week alone Ive had 4 people, (two strangers on a ferry, 1 relative who met her for the first time last week, and one lady at school.), who said talking to Jubilee was like talking to a 4 or 5 year old. I dont really know if thats true...I dont know a lot of 4 or 5 year olds that I talk to as much as I talk to Jubilee, but since more than one person unrelated to us said so, Im tending to believe it.

Jubilee has always been ahead when it comes to social and verbal skills. Doctors comment on that regularly. I dont notice it as much because I see her everyday. But I am happy thats the case considering she was behind in motor skills for so long.

We went to the library yesterday, (where I picked up Twilight - thank you Elizabeth), and they have a playhouse in the childrens section. Its equpped with a play kitchen, dishes, a telephone, table and chairs, and even a real doorway. I sat down so Jubilee could play in it for a while and soon two girls around age 5 came to join her. They started to play "Restaurant" and included Jubilee in everything they did. I sat and giggled to myself as they went through the motions of making and serving me coffee, tea, milk, and ice cream. Then the clean up and the bill. Jubilee seemed to understand the concept of all this and gave me a pretend piece of paper, "Money please." I loved watching them as they didnt break character once and worked flawlessly together to run the best restaurant I'd ever been to.

She can count to 20, knows all her colors, can sing about 5 songs, and we're working on her ABC's.

We've been working on Jubilee's manners a lot also. As long as she isnt over-tired, she is catching on. For example if you ask if she wants something to eat, she will answer, "No, thanks." or "Yes, please." (Most of the time.) If she is at the table and finished eating she will say, "May I be excused?" (Sounds more like, "May s'cused?") If she bumps into you she will apologize and if she burps she says, "excuse me", (sounds like "oopsy"). Dont get me wrong...she is still 2 years old and reminds us often.

Obviously I am a proud Mommy. I know we're lucky to have such a smart kid. I love that as she gets older Im still reminded of what a miracle she is.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it from the get go. She is very special indeed.

But she will still hate your hair...

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Staci.....she is special....just like her mother. What a lucky little girl she is to have a family that appreciates her so much.
Why is she going to hate your hair....what have you done?

Staci said...

HAHA...Mom thinks that Juju will hate my hair no matter what I do. However, in this particular case, I showed Mom a picture of how Im going to color my hair. I know..BIG mistake. If Mom Botts hates my hair, I know its AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

Aww Jubilee IS a very special little girl! How lucky you both are to have each other in your lives. (((((((BIG SQUISHY HUGS))))))))

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Come on Mom Botts, you know your daughter's hair is awesome!

You have done such a good job with Juju... she is really going to make a difference in this world, you can tell.

Anonymous said...

OK, you commenters, you haven't seen the picture of the hair she wants! As her Mom and most intrusive in her life, it is butt ugly....