Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Ate Steak!

Oh yes I did! I ate steak! I think it was about an ounce! .....and it was YUMMY. For those of you who do not think this is cause to celebrate - try dry-heaving every day for about 6 weeks, then eating nothing but mushy things for two weeks. Omg, it was glorious! I also ate 1/2 a deviled egg with shrimp in it. (Or 1/2 a butt-egg for you who know who you are. ;-) ) Afterwards everything settled in my tummy nicely and I felt like I had eaten Thanksgiving dinner.

It feels wonderful to live in the world of "normal" again. I am having strange and STRONG cravings though. Im sure its because Im told I "cant" have certain things yet, so I want them - just like the true rebellious girl I am. Im being good though. Mostly out of fear. For example, they say not to have soda. I quit drinking soda MONTHS before surgery and never missed it. Now, damn if I just could have a Diet Mountain Dew I would die happy! So strange to all of a sudden want something you didnt before. I also crave salad horribly bad. I can have salad, but not until Wednesday. That will make me over two months out from surgery and all solids get a green light.

Another strange thing about me since surgery is Ive become addicted to the Food Network. I guess my brain figures if I cant eat it, Im going to watch people cook it. Actually, its been quite fun. I find myself wandering the kitchen gadget aisles at Wally World and fantasizing about Pampered Chef parties. I have some really great ideas and recipes for camping this year that I cant wait to try out on my family. They are sooooo going to be my guinea pigs! (Pun intended)

Ive gotten a lot of people asking me, "So, how much have you lost??" I know people are curious and its a natural thing to ask when people see you shrink even a little bit. But honestly, I dont find myself hung up on that number as I thought I would. I dont even weigh myself very often. To me, it really is all about being healthier and getting rid of PCOS as much as I possibly can through weight loss. But, to satisfy anyone who is still curious, as of this morning I have lost exactly 50lbs. 50 pounds in 8 weeks. My weight did go up a bit as I was getting out of the hospital. Getting adequate fluids back in my body counted for about 6lbs!!

Now...if I can only remember to get all my fluids in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats so awesome! I'm glad this is finally what its supposed to be. I could not imagine being so sick (well I can, I remember almost 7 years ago 5 straight months of it...) I'm so happy for you!