Friday, January 26, 2007

"Stitch" No Longer!

Today Jubilee got her stitches out. My Dad took to calling her "Stitch" this week, and so he cant call her that any longer!

Jubilee was hilarious at the doctor office. She was a total jabber mouth: "Hi doctor!" to anyone who would walk by...even if they werent a doctor. Once she got up on the table, she layed down on that crinkley paper and announced, "My bed is broken....I need this one." She said that over and over even through my correcting her that her bed is NOT broken. I can just imagine what this nurse now thinks of me. "Omg, they make this kid sleep in a broken bed??? No wonder she has stitches!" Jubilee loved the paper covering on the table/bed. She kept scissoring her legs in and out across it making that crinkling noise to the point of no one being able to hear themselves speak. Then Jubilee kept saying, "I get a sticker not candy!" How does this girl remember from MONTHS ago at her 2 year old check up that she doesnt get candy from the doctor, she gets a sticker???

When it was time to take her stitches out, Jubilee sat real still and didnt move. She didnt cry or even make a peep. Afterwards she got to hold her stitches in her hand.

Since we were at the doctor's office and Jubilee hadnt been seen yet in the new year, the nurse took all her stats:

Weight: 23.8lbs - 3rd percentile
Height: 34 inches - 10th percentile (WOO! This is up from 5th percentile!)
Head: 90th percentile ( Those brains are still growing!)

I figure at the rate she's going, she'll eventually be shaped like a tomato on a toothpick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO Tomato on a toothpick..

Bear too, has a very large head. She's only in the 10th percentile for hight too, one inch below Juju. She's a "fatty" though lol a whole whoppin 28 lbs (for those who don't know me no, I don't think my child is a fatty) Glad she did good. Aurora HATES and SCREAMS and is TERRIFIED of anyone in scrubs/white coat.

Anonymous said...

That's great that the stitches are out. Sounds like you have a brave little girl there!!! I'm sure I would have been bawling my eyes out and just the thought of going in there to get them removed!

You know if we ever got our two together, we would be in a heap load of trouble. I don't think either of us could keep up lol.


Jassie