Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Icky Eye: Another Biopsy?

First of all, thanks to everyone who has called and emailed with concerns and prayers about my eye. I feel a little guilty that I worried you guys because I really dont think its that bad. Im not worried about it at all and thats the main reason I blog about it. Mostly because I find it sort of ridiculous. Just one of those weird things that happen in life. I think its just an infection and its a fluke thing. I truly think that eventually, its just going to go away.

Ok, so that being said, I heard from my eye doctor yesterday morning. Actually, I heard from her receptionist who called and said, "We got your results back and Betsy would like to see you on Thursday." I said, "So I have to wait until thursday to know the results?" Considering Im on week 4 of waiting for the biopsy results, she put Dr. Betsy on the phone. I asked what the results showed, and I could repeat all the doctor mumbo-jumbo, but basically the word is: Inconclusive. She said I had "markers" of lymphoma or leukemia but nothing in my biopsy showed it was positive for either of those. What does that MEAN?? Well, it means another biopsy. Going in thursday at 8am to have that done. *sigh*

In the meantime I am still taking Indomycin and Pred-forte drops to minimize the redness. If I keep up and not miss any drops during the day, it works. However, if I miss any the redness comes back within hours.

I will keep you updated as I know more!

No comments: