Wednesday, April 12, 2006

New Blog!!

So I guess you could say Ive jumped the MySpace ship. I had written a few blogs over there. Its easy and its convenient for my family since most of them are on MySpace also. However, there are aspects of MySpace that are just downright creepy. Even if you do not take into account the bad press MySpace has gotten lately for internet predators, it still gives me the heebiejeebies just a bit. First of all, at 34 Im well into the "ancient" age bracket on MySpace. The majority of people on there are teenagers looking to advertise themselves and boast their "wild" lifestyle since parents are most likely not to find their childrens MySpace page. Secondly, I get some WEIRD messages. For example, here is one I got a few weeks ago: "what up shawty im just chillin her...u lookin sexy girl for sure and i was hoping you could rate my music on my page...hit me up and if it doesnt down load add me and try later...muah...xoxoxo,,ps,,,im in sequm right now and i always go to PA and i never see any woman as classy as you". What the hell is a shawty? And if he never sees any woman as classy as me, then he surely needs to get out more. So, I think Im going to not do MySpace anymore. Its people like that visiting my page and seeing my pictures and seeing my baby's pictures. Ew. I will keep my MySpace page just to check in with my family that uses it still.....but most definitely will be taking down the pictures.

So here I am on this bloggy spot. I know a few people blogging here already and its a fun way to keep up on each other lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Staci!

I totally feel you on the myspace thing! I got really freaked out the 1st day I was on about ANYBODY being able to see my pics and personal info, but then I was told about switching my profile age to 14 and it makes your profile "private" to where you have to approve anyone to be a friend before they can see anything on your pg!

Just wanted to let you know:)


Amanda