Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Icky Eye, Chapter 3

Today I am sitting at home anxiously awaiting a phone call from my eye doctor to tell me the results of my latest biopsy of my eyeball.

Last I blogged about this over on MySpace, I hadnt yet received the results from my first biopsy. In that sample they tested for Cat scratch, chlamydia, and some weird infections they get in 3rd world countries. As knew they would, the results came back negative. They had me come right back in for a second and more significant biopsy just to rule out something sort of scary. Its unlikely, but my eye doctor said she would like to rule out Lymphoma just so we both have peace of mind about it. I really have no other symptoms of that other than whats going on in my eye, plus the fact that other meds havent made it better. Im expecting these results to be the same as the first.

The biopsy itself was really gory and interesting to me. Despite the fact it was being done on MY eye, it was still cool to watch how they do that sort of thing. Again I was a very good girl and kept my eye open wide and up at the ceiling so they didnt have to use the Clockwork Orange contraption. (whew) This time she pulled down my lower lid, (after many stinging drops of numbing solution), and cut a strip of flesh from the inside of my lower lid. I didnt feel a thing this time, but it bled like crazy! Its very strange to look in the mirror and see blood pouring from your eye like tears. We decided to put a patch on it mainly because my mom was in the waiting room with Jubilee and I didnt really want Juju to see blood coming from my eye.

So any minute now I should be hearing from the doctor. When this test comes back negative, she said we will move onto other infections that are somewhat rare, but possible.

I'll be back once I hear from the eye doctor!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staci, that is so scary! Please, please please let me know the results of the biopsy. Im keeping my fingers crossed over here. I had to laugh at the idea of you wearing a patch.... you're a pirate! Spencer would for sure be calling you "captain" if he saw you with a patch on your eye.... short for Captain feathersword. "Ahoy there, me harties!"

Good luck with the results and big hugs to you guys from Spencer and I. Love~Heather

eaf said...

Thinking of you here waaaaaaaaaaay cross the country. I'll be checking back to see what the doc said.

And good to see you blogging where the cool peeps (or shawties) blog.