Thursday, April 27, 2006

My Icky Eye: The Saga Continues

I went into the eye doctor this morning for my 3rd biopsy. She came in and the first thing she said was, "I dont think we should do another biopsy." Whew! Great! Then she said, "I think you should have a cat scan." *blinks*

I asked if she was concerned, she said no...but its unusual for her not to have a diagnosis. She said she is frustrated, for me and for herself, that we dont know whats going on yet. So, to make sure there is nothing behind my eye blocking blood vessels, or putting pressure on the eye, I need to have a cat scan. I do that tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I get to wean myself off these prednisone drops. YAY She said that by taking them we are diminishing the redness and inflammation, but also could be masking any other symptoms that would be helpful to us. So Im happy to get rid of the icky taste in my mouth, but be prepared for when you see me because my eye will look awful and watery. ....and probably no make up. Another reason to be cautious when looking at me directly. ;)

She asked if there was anything else she should know. I told her my sister had a pseudo brain tumor and asked if thats the sort of thing she needed to know. She said yes and asked me all sorts of questions about Holly and how she is doing now. BTW, if you dont know what a pseudo-tumor is, its basically where a part of your body responds as if a tumor is there, but its not. In Holly's case it was in her brain and putting pressure on her eyes, giving her double vision and extremely painful headaches. Holly had spinal taps to release the pressure of the so-called "tumor" and has not had any problems since.

I will keep you all updated so keep tuning in at the same Icky Eye time on the same Icky Eye channel!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be very careful at your cat scan because I heard the use Tom Cats and they are not neutered.

Staci said...

Damn! Bob Barker would be VERY unhappy to hear about this.