Friday, April 28, 2006

My Icky Eye: Good News! No Cats!

I had my cat scan early this morning at the Ghettosville General Hospital. Mom met me there and took Jubilee to the cafeteria for breakfast. Im told she entertained the entire cafeteria. I hope entertained is the right word.

The good news is, there was nothing in the preliminary report on my cat scan. There was something funky about my sinus's, but that has nothing to do with my eye. So its good news that there are no blocked blood vessels and no tumors. Which I pretty much knew. I wasnt worried about this at all.

But what that means is we're back at square one with my icky eye. Now that Im weaning off the drops, the redness has already come back. Even tho Ive only weaned off one drop a day. We still have no clue what it is. But....we do know its nothing scary! YAY Im anticipating another doctor visit this coming week. We'll see what happens.

After the eye doctor I ran errands with Jubilee and Troy. I had lots of places to go...grocery shopping, bill-paying,... but because Troy had tagged along, we also had to stop at the car stereo shop. *insert man grunting noise here* Jubilee had fun dancing to the music in the display room and soon she had a small audience to perform for. She danced, pretended to sneeze, and said HIIIIIIIIIIIII! to everyone. The sneezing thing is fairly new. Its very dramatic and drawn out: "aaah...aaaaahhhhh...AAAAAH.....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH... CHOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!" If we are lucky enough for her to be holding a tissue to her nose during the fake sneeze, she opens it up for us to examine and tells us, "BOOGIES!"

After the car stereo shop we headed to Wally's and bought exciting things like soap and paper plates. By the time we got home Jubilee was exhausted from a long morning and a somewhat fitfull night. She took a LONG nap,...and so did I.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Staci, my cousin had something very similar a few years back. It basically was a disease that thought there was infection in her eye, so her body fought it off, but since nothing was really wrong, her eye got worse. It causes all sorts of problems, but is harmless in the long run. I just emailed her and asked her to give me the name of the disease and to give me a little background of it. I hopefully will be able to give you some answers soon.

Glad there is nothing scary there! Give Jubilee hugs from Spencer and I. ~Heather